French garage 1983-1987 !!
Because there is not so much french music on this community, I told myself : go baby, go ! share your collection.
In fact, it's my brother's one, but as he used to say : never forget rock'nroll. So do I.
1) to begin my selection, I choose :
The Fixed Up, from le Havre. They were one of the best rock'n'roll band of France in the mid 80's. We could even called em the french Sunnyboys as they recorded a big part of their discography in Australia, with the cream of the productors at that time. Their sound is also as good as the Sunnys.
Here are their two first 7 inches on Sonics Records: Take a look at me/You can count me in.
2) "Best of" compilation, a cool selection from a Nantes label,with combos from Nantes, Nice and Paris. Coronados, Flamingos, l'Orchidée... Yes, one or two bands are too much jazzy and should have been avoid, but this comp is introducing a rare band : The Scurs; and just for that, it's a gaz !!!
3) The superb 7" of the Sluggard Kings, from Grenoble.
4) The sole 7" from the Scuba Drivers, from Perigueux.
5) The 7" of the Real cool killers, from Clermont-Ferrand.
See the french discography site, where you can find all the infos on line-ups and track listings.
The file : http://rapidshare.com/files/18184946/031frengar0107.rar.html
wtai is the pw, of course.