16 août 2006
The Kliek are well respected men !
As promised, here is a unissued compilation, and a gift, from a fan for all the lovers of this great dutch band.
Here we can listen to the talent and the evolution of a so cool band formerly inspired by some 60's icons like the Byrds, the Outsiders and... the Monkees which came to the rupture when too much dissension (as usal !?).
Then Marcel krupp quit to form the Trebble Spankers, a surf guitar drenched combo, and Robert Mûtter called again his ancient pal Stefan Steutel, to make his new wild and great trio "Kek'66".
But no more balabla, come and listen to BEHIND BARS, the second lp of the KLIEK, a super effort full of great ballads, of garage folk mid tempo, which with "Feel good", the third and last studio album represents the summum of their sound and carreer. (with the first "Zitj let me staan" ep in my opinion, but all are superb anyway).
Behind Bars lp (Grabo 002-L) 1990
Going too far
I'm gonna get that girl
Quiet side of the bay
None of your business
Now I have
I nevertold ou
Today I'm gay
You're the only world I know
I'm never coming back
Leave my house
As a gift never came alone, you'll fine in bonus a rare (and non authorised, but Robert, if you see, hey!, it's for posterity !) compilation of all the singles and comps extracts the Kliek have made. (taken from my own personnal collection).
At this point, just one precision about the discography. There never been a "Across the milky way" single in 1989, as noted in some fanzines (french almost at that time). It was a live k7 recorded at the Milky way club an edited by the band's label).
For the complete disco with pictures of covers, see : veltink.org
and for a real good damn bio, go to : Kliek bio
Now, let's go, and thanks to you, the Kliek for all you did.
Singles, rare tracks :
- Valleri ep (Kep011) 12/88
- Glitter and gold (Scap001 in Ex Nexus n°9 fanzine given split ep)
- Sandra/House of stone (Twang 130662- 1992)
- Me right now/Nothing's changed (Twist6 ep 1992)
- It's my pride/More and more amore/I'll find a way/No one here to play with (Outer limits 62-702 ep) 1994
- House in he country (in "Animal, tribute to The Kinks" Animals Records)
- Love song n°2 (in "Misfits, tribute to the Outsiders", Scalp)
- Girl in black (in Larsen fanzine n°7, 1993)
- Look out, here comes tomorrow (in "Black beauties, a fab comp, Fab Rec.)
All ripped from glorious vinyls.
file : http://rapidshare.de/files/29953666/0015kl06